The 22nd International Science Team Meeting (GHRSST XXII) will be a virtual meeting and take place on 7-11 June 2021.
The meeting will bring together scientific and operational SST users and producers to review progress and achievements of SST science and applications within the GHRSST framework.
Whilst we are disappointed again not to be meeting in person due to the coronavirus pandemic, this is another exciting opportunity to extend our GHRSST collaboration by virtual means with the support of EUMETSAT.
The meeting will consist of a mixture of real-time presentations and discussions, and pre-recorded presentations and posters with online discussion forums. The real-time sessions will be shared between East and West time zones so as to facilitate global participation.
We invite the submission of abstracts on SST dataset development, production, validation, and use in applications.
Instructions for abstract submission:
- Please write your abstract using the template
- Abstracts should be a maximum of 250 words
- Please submit your abstract by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “GXXII Abstract”
- Please indicate if you prefer an oral or poster presentation. Note, the number of oral presentations is limited and the choice of presentation type is not guaranteed.
- To submit multiple abstracts, please send each one individually using the above template
Abstract submission is closed.
Authors have been notified of abstract review results.
The virtual meeting will be a mixture of pre-recorded and real time sessions with opportunities to meet colleagues online for social and science conversation.
- The science sessions will consist of a mix of pre-recorded oral presentations and posters with online discussion forums (similar to the meeting last year).
- The reports from the agencies will be via a slide-deck made available to participants and there will be some real time meetings for questions.
- The task teams will make their reports in oral presentations to real time meetings (using Zoom or Webex).
- We will also have the opening and closing sessions in real time.
- For the course of the meeting GHRSST will have a virtual room based at wonder.me where colleagues can meet up and move between small group video conversations.
Further information will be added to this page as and when available.
Abstract call open: 14 January 2021
Abstract call close: 14 March 2021
Author notification of abstract review: 31 March 2021