The 22nd International Science Team Meeting (GHRSST XXII) will be a virtual meeting and take place on 7-11 June 2021.
The meeting will bring together scientific and operational SST users and producers to review progress and achievements of SST science and applications within the GHRSST framework.
Whilst we are disappointed again not to be meeting in person due to the coronavirus pandemic, this is another exciting opportunity to extend our GHRSST collaboration by virtual means with the support of EUMETSAT.
The meeting will consist of a mixture of real-time presentations and discussions, and pre-recorded presentations and posters with online discussion forums. The real-time sessions will be timed to accommodate East and West time zones so as to facilitate global participation.
The virtual meeting will be a mixture of pre-recorded and real time sessions with opportunities to meet colleagues online for social and science conversation.
- The science sessions will consist of a mix of pre-recorded oral presentations and posters with online discussion forums (similar to the meeting last year).
- The reports from the agencies will be via a slide-deck made available to participants and there will be an online discussion forum for questions.
- The task teams will make their reports in oral presentations to real time video-conference meetings.
- We will also have the opening and closing sessions in real time.
- For the course of the meeting GHRSST will have a virtual room based at wonder.me where colleagues can meet up at any time and move between small group video conversations.
In order to access and participate in the virtual meeting you will need to first create an account at http://training.eumetsat.int if you do not already have one. Click on “Log in” at the top right of the page, scroll to the bottom and click the “Create new account” button and follow the instructions. Once you have your account you will need to enrol on the GHRSST XXII Meeting Course at the same site. To enrol go to site above, click on GROUPS > GHRSST and then on the link: 22nd GHRSST INTERNATIONAL SCIENCE TEAM MEETING (G-XXII) or go to https://training.eumetsat.int/enrol/index.php?id=406 and log in. Click on Self enrolment (Participant) and follow the instructions.
Further information will be added to this page as and when available.