GHRSST Task teams are set up to address particular issues identified by the GHRSST Science Team. Task teams (TTs) are proposed and agreed at the annual Science Team Meetings (STM). Each task team has a chair and a team of volunteers, the task team members. Each chair is asked to appoint an early-career scientist as co-chair to encourage participation in GHRSST and ensure continuation of knowledge.
The task teams report their findings at the annual Science Team Meetings and the Science Team decides if the task team has completed its task or should continue.
The list below gives the current working task teams.
CURRENT TASK TEAMS
Click on the following links to get to know more about the task teams, their current plans, and their achievements:
- Climatology and L4 Inter-Comparison (IC). Chair: Helen Beggs, Co-Chair: Chunxue Yang
- Evolution of the Regional/Global Task Sharing (R/G TS). Chair: Jean-François Piollé, Co-Chair: Ed Armstrong
- Coral Heat Stress User SST Requirements (Coral). Co-Chairs: William Skirving, Jon Mittaz, Craig Steinberg
- Feature Fidelity (F2T2) Chair: Peter Cornillon, Co-Chair: Cristina Gonzalez Haro
- Climate Data Assessment Framework (CDAF). Chair: Jon Mittaz
- Shipborne Radiometry (ISFRN). Chair: Werenfrid Wimmer
- High Latitude SST (HLSST). Chair: Mike Steele
- Single Sensor Error Statistics and L4 (SSESL4) Co-Chairs: Andy Harris and Simon Good
- Matchup Database Standards (MDB). Co-chairs: Igor Tomažić and Jean-François Piollé
- Cloud Masking (CMT2). Chair: Chris Merchant
- HRSST Drifters for Satellite SST Validation (HRSST). Chair: Gary Corlett
Interested in joining a task team?
We are open for collaborations! Please get in touch with the chairs/co-chairs.
Some task teams have completed their tasks already. Here is an example.
GHRSST scientists, led by the Science Team Chair, prepared and presented a paper on “Observational needs of sea surface temperature” at OceanObs’19 (September 16-20, 2019) in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
O’Carroll, A.G., Armstrong, E.M., Beggs, H., Bouali, M., Casey, K.S., Corlett, G.K., Dash, P., Donlon, C., Gentemann, C.L., Høyer, J.L., Ignatov, A., Kabobah, K., Kachi, M., Kurihara, Y., Karagali, I., Maturi, E., Merchant, C.J., Marullo, S., Minnett, P., Pennybacker, M., Ramakrishnan, B., Ramsankaran, R.A.A.J., Santoleri, R., Sunder, S., Picart, S.S., Vázquez-Cuervo, J., & Wimmer, W. (2019). Observational needs of sea surface temperature. Frontiers in Marine Science, 6, doi: https://doi.org/10.3389/fmars.2019.00420.