The Shipborne Radiometer Task Team was set up at GHRSST XVIII to facilitate coordination of Fiducial Reference Measurement, such as Shipborne Radiometry. Fiducial reference measurements of SST by shipborne radiometers are key to the validation of satellite SST retrievals.
Facilitate coordination of Fiducial Reference Measurement, such as Shipborne Radiometry, set up a network and coordination, create a common date format and archive.
Task 1: Building a collaboration network
The Task Team has brought together a community of in situ radiometer builders, operators and data users in a collaborative network for the promotion of good practice, coordination of activities, and collection and dissemination of data: The International Sea Surface Temperature (SST) Fiducial Reference Measurement (FRM) Radiometer Network (ISFRN).
Task 2: A common data format
The L2R data format was developed as a common data format for in situ SST measurements. The document is available here: https://www.ships4sst.org/documents
Task 3: A data archive
A publically accessible archive of shipborne radiometer data can be accessed through the website of the International SST FRM Radiometer Network (ISFRN): https://www.ships4sst.org/services/ships4sst-data
- International SST FRM Radiometer Network (ISFRN) https://www.ships4sst.org
- Twitter account: @ships4sst
LAST REPORT TO THE SCIENCE TEAM
- Slides presented at the June 2021 meeting: Slides-ISFRN2021
- Shipborne Radiometry Task Team Report, presented at the GHRSST XXI Meeting in 2020
- Further information about this task team is available in the “Proceedings of the Science Team Meeting 2021”: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5750123
TASK TEAM MEMBERS
Chair: Werenfrid Wimmer (Univ. Southampton)
Members: Tim Nightingale, Jacob Høyer, Peter Minnett, Helen Beggs, Kyung-Ae Park, Lei Guan, Igor Tomažić, Jean-François Piollé, Kyung-Ae Park, Haifeng Zhang.
INTERESTED IN CONTRIBUTING?
Please contact the chair directly:
Werenfrid Wimmer, email@example.com