The 20th GHRSST International Science Team Meeting (G-XX) will be hosted by ESA at ESRIN in Frascati, Italy, from 3rd to 7th June 2019.
This year marks the 20th meeting of the GHRSST International Science Team (G-XX) and this is a great opportunity to have a forward-looking meeting focusing on innovation and challenges to develop the future perspective for GHRSST - most notably with respect to the mix of microwave and thermal infrared satellite capability.
The purpose of the meeting is to:
- Bring together scientific and operational SST users and producers to review progress and achievements of SST science and applications within the GHRSST framework;
- Forward-look towards future innovation and challenges for GHRSST and the SST community over the next 20 years;
- Be Open to everybody but especially to SST experts and the international community actively involved in SST science and applications;
- Use plenary discussions and keynote talks to tackle specific issues, as well as poster sessions/interactive presentations to promote further discussions.
Objectives and Themes:
- Shape the next 20 years of sea surface temperature measurements from space;
- Focus on future innovation, challenges and technologies;
- Multi-sensor synergies: Altimetry, SAR, salinity, ocean colour, scatterometery;
- Exploitation of SST by users and review of their requirements;
- Role of the new “Big Data” and AI approaches within GHRSST;
- Improve GHRSST to better serve applications operational and scientific community;
- The need to focus on SST science, the core of GHRSST;
- ESA Φ-Lab will actively be involved for an exciting meeting with new sensors, new approaches (e.g. High-Altitude Platform Sensors) and where we want GHRSST to be in 2030.
G-XX will be followed immediately after its closure by the 8th CEOS SST-VC meeting. This is to enable SST-VC members to collate all the scientific and technical progress from the week and develop a coherent strategy for the year ahead, linking GHRSST and CEOS to advance the needs of SST users around the world.
Scholarships: several EUMETSAT Copernicus scholarships are available to help graduate students and early post-doctoral researchers in the field of ocean remote sensing to attend GHRSST XX. For full details please see GHRSST_scholarships_2019 . If you wish to apply, please submit your Scholarship Letter-of-Motivation - 2019 not later than 29 March 2019.
All details for submitting abstracts, registering for the meeting, venue, etc., are included in the G-XX meeting website hosted by ESA ESRIN (http://ghrsst-xx.esa.int/index.php).
- Abstract submission opening 21 December 2018
- Registration opening 21 December 2018
- Abstract submission closing 29 March 2019
- Scholarship submission closing 29 March 2019
- Notification of acceptance 15 April 2019
- Preliminary programme 15 April 2019
- Registration closes 31 May 2019
- Release of final programme at the conference