The 20th GHRSST International Science Team Meeting (G-XX) will be hosted by ESA at ESRIN in Frascati, Italy, from 3rd to 7th June 2019.
This year marks the 20th meeting of the GHRSST International Science Team (G-XX) and this is a great opportunity to have a forward-looking meeting focusing on innovation and challenges to develop the future perspective for GHRSST - most notably with respect to the mix of microwave and thermal infrared satellite capability.
The purpose of the meeting is to:
- Bring together scientific and operational SST users and producers to review progress and achievements of SST science and applications within the GHRSST framework;
- Forward-look towards future innovation and challenges for GHRSST and the SST community over the next 20 years;
- Be Open to everybody but especially to SST experts and the international community actively involved in SST science and applications;
- Use plenary discussions and keynote talks to tackle specific issues, as well as poster sessions/interactive presentations to promote further discussions.
Objectives and Themes:
- Shape the next 20 years of sea surface temperature measurements from space;
- Focus on future innovation, challenges and technologies;
- Multi-sensor synergies: Altimetry, SAR, salinity, ocean colour, scatterometery;
- Exploitation of SST by users and review of their requirements;
- Role of the new “Big Data” and AI approaches within GHRSST;
- Improve GHRSST to better serve applications operational and scientific community;
- The need to focus on SST science, the core of GHRSST;
- ESA Φ-Lab will actively be involved for an exciting meeting with new sensors, new approaches (e.g. High-Altitude Platform Sensors) and where we want GHRSST to be in 2030.
G-XX will be followed immediately after its closure by the 8th CEOS SST-VC meeting. This is to enable SST-VC members to collate all the scientific and technical progress from the week and develop a coherent strategy for the year ahead, linking GHRSST and CEOS to advance the needs of SST users around the world.
All details for submitting abstracts, registering for the meeting, venue, etc., are included in the G-XX meeting website hosted by ESA ESRIN (http://ghrsst-xx.esa.int/index.php).
- Abstract submission opening 21 December 2018
- Registration opening 21 December 2018
- Abstract submission closing 29 March 2019
- Notification of acceptance 15 April 2019
- Preliminary programme 15 April 2019
- Registration closes 31 May 2019
- Release of final programme at the conference